Toronto Utility Rebates
Toronto Hydro offers a number of incentives for customers who make high-efficiency upgrades in their homes HVAC system. By upgrading your HVAC system, you a not only getting a quieter more reliable system but you can save up to $325 a year on energy costs.
Some of the incentives offered by Toronto Hydro are:
– When you install an new high-efficiency furnace equipped with an ECM (electronically commuted motor), you will get $250
– When you upgrade your existing furnace motor to an electronically commuted motor before June 30, 2017 and you will get a $250 rebate. Not only will you benefit from the rebate but you will also:
- Have up to a 56% reduction in your furnace motor energy use,
- Save money on your electricity costs up to $300 per year,
- Become a greener and more eco-friendly home and improve your air quality,
- If you have an older furnace you can extend the life of it by installing the electronically commuted motor.
You will also receive the following rebate if you improve your Central Air Conditioner:
– If you install a stand-alone, CEE Tier 2 Level system with a minimum of 15 SEER and 12.5 EER rating you will get a $400 rebate,
– If you install an Energy Star certified system you with a minimum of 14.5 SEER and 12 EER rating, you will get a $250 rebate.
To see how to qualify and read more about rebates and incentives offered go to the Toronto Hydro website.
The City of Toronto itself offers grants, incentives, and tips to help you reduce your energy use. If you are looking to improve the energy of your home or apply for a grant to help green your community or find tips to living a greener, more environmentally friendly life click here.